Personal Information Defined
Personal Information is information that identifies a specific person. Personal Information also is information that could be used to identify a specific person, or that relates to, describes, or could be linked to a specific person or household.
What information do we collect?
The Company and its Affiliates collects and/or receives Personal Information from visitors to this site when they provide Personal Information directly through the site by, among other things, filling out an application, filling out a registration, subscribing to our newsletter, utilizing the chat feature, filling out a contact form, filling out a survey or otherwise provide information through use of this website and any one of its links.
You may be asked to enter any of the following categories of information:
1. Identifying information, including, but not limited to your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and/or similar identifiers.
2. Loan Application information, including, but not limited to the collateral type, occupancy status, company name, guarantor name, email address phone number, email address, estimated credit score, property information and loan information.
3. Broker Registration information, including, but not limited to name, company name, email, company address, lending areas, phone number, company website, personal/company years in the business.
You may, however, visit our site anonymously by choosing not to enter Personal Information through the use of the site.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
1. To respond to your application or registration
2. For the purpose of processing and delivering the requested product/service.
3. To respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
4. To communicate with you about relevant products/services.
5. To market our products/services.
6. To improve our products/services and develop new products/services.
7. To improve customer service.
8. To send periodic emails, newsletters and/or other outreach.
9. To assist you in locating other companies capable of delivering the requested product, service, or information.
10.For our internal business purposes.
11. To comply with legal obligations.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of industry-standard security measures and safeguards to maintain the safety of your personal information and protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of Personal Information that is under our control. However, please be aware that transmitting information over the internet or storage of information connected to the internet are never 100% secure.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enable the site or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell your personally identifiable information. However, we do share some of the Personal Information we collect with the following:
1. Third-party companies performing services on our behalf, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential.
2. With our Affiliates and trusted third-party companies providing services or products similar to or complementary with your requested services or products, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential.
3. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
4. Government agencies to fulfill legal, reporting and regulatory requirements.
5. Our attorneys, accountants and auditors.
6. Our employees, our Affiliates and agents to offer additional services or perform analysis to determine qualification to receive future services.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. We do not control these third-party products or services and are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any third parties. The links to third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, which we encourage you to review before using their products or services or before providing any information to them. We assume no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year.
To request a notice, please submit your request RCN Capital, LLC
ATTN: LEGAL DEPARTMENT
75 Gerber Road East
South Windsor, CT 06074
Please allow 30 days for a response.
Although our products and services are not intended for use by any person under the age of 18, if you are a California resident under 18 years old, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
This website and the products and services offered herein are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or store Personal Information under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected Personal Information of any person under the age of 18, we will take all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly delete such information.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal Information as long as needed for legal purposes, current business operations, and reasonably anticipated future uses related to the original purpose for which the information was first acquired.
How to opt Out of Marketing Calls, Texts, Email Messages, and Direct Mail
We may use Personal Information to offer products and/or services by phone, text message, email, and direct mail. Receiving promotional messages from RCN Capital, LLC is voluntary, and you may opt out at any time. To opt out of marketing text messages, you can text STOP to any message you receive from RCN Capital, LLC. You can unsubscribe from RCN Capital, LLC promotional emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of our email messages. You can also opt out of phone calls, text messages, emails, and direct mail by contacting RCN Capital, LLC emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow up to 30 business days from receipt to process any unsubscribe request.
Please note that even if you opt out of marketing communications, you may still receive non-promotional communications from us, including service announcements, administrative messages, or other communications necessary to provide products or services to you. You cannot opt out of receiving these non- marketing communications if you are using the products or services.
Rights Relating to Personal Information
RCN Capital, LLC provides the following rights to all individuals whose Personal Information we collect:
1. The right to access your Personal Information
You have the right to request that RCN Capital, LLC disclose information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months, including a description of your Personal Information that was collected, used, disclosed, and transmitted by RCN Capital, LLC.
2. The right to delete your Personal Information
You have the right to request that RCN Capital, LLC delete Personal Information we collect from you, provided you have not obtained products or services provided by RCN Capital, LLC and subject to certain exceptions provided by law or contract.
We will not charge you a fee for making a request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or unfounded. If we determine your request requires a fee, we will notify you of the fee before completing the request.
RCN Capital, LLC does not Discriminate against Consumers for Exercising Their Rights
We do not discriminate against consumers for exercising their rights relating to Personal Information. In certain cases, however, we may be unable to offer you specific products and services if you do not provide us with Personal Information necessary for your application to obtain and/or use of those products or services.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.rcncapital.com/terms-use.
Application of Law
This policy was last modified on 11/3/2023.